There are 5 things to look for when choosing a wedding photographer.
1. Attitude – Yes the photographer’s attitude is the number one item before the quality of the work. The reason for that is dealing with a jerk photographer on your special day is going to be something you do not want to deal with. Why should you?
2. Quality of work – Make sure to view their past work. It doesn’t have to be weddings, but make sure they know what they are doing. One item to look for, can the photographer shoot in low light? This won’t matter if you are having a wedding in open day light, but most weddings occur at night or lowly lit ball rooms. Do they have the necessary equipment to shoot there? Things to consider
3. Price – Cheap is expensive. However, you want to get the best you can within your budget.
4. Equipment – Going back to equipment for a minute. Does your wedding photographer have quality gear? You probably won’t know the difference, but find out and research it afterwards. Quality gear makes a difference. However, if your budget doesn’t support hiring a pro gear photographer than that is another story.
5. Post Production – How long does it take on average for your photographer to get your photos back to you? This is a core item you need to find out. Ask for references.